Sunday, October 28, 2007

Complacency

“For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin.” (Hebrews 4:15)

I’m thankful that Jesus understands my weaknesses. I have a love-hate relationship with them; sometimes I’m frustrated with my weaknesses and want to change, other times I feel comfortable and complacent and don’t desire change. Complacency is one of the biggest temptations that we in the United States face.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I know this is six months later, but I have always loved this verse, and am thankful that Jesus can relate to my weaknesses ;) I need to start visiting here more often ;o!

(This is Debbie :)

Beth said...

Debbie, I find great encouragement in that verse also; thanks for your kind words. My blog has been on hiatus for a while, but I might start updating it again in May when my current school semester is over.
Blessings,
Beth