Monday, July 9, 2007

Quotes That I Like

I think I will keep adding to this post periodically, because I like quotes. Where I do not know the attribution, I have not given one.

Lack of meaning does not come from being weary of pain, but being weary of pleasure.
G. K. Chesterton

Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important.
C.S. Lewis

Humility is not thinking less of yourself. Humility is thinking of yourself less.
Rick Warren

I fear the materialism of the West more than the persecution of the East.
A Chinese pastor

God keeps giving Himself as long as we keep bringing that into which He can pour Himself. When we stop bringing, He stops pouring.
Alexander McClaren

God does only what we can't.
James MacDonald

The problem with Christianity is not that it has been tried and found wanting, but that it has been found difficult and left untried.
G.K. Chesterton

People are wounded in relationship and healed in relationship.

God builds His Kingdom through gifts of friendship.
John Dawson

Christianity is not a set of beliefs, but a relationship with the living Christ.
Josh McDowell

God made me for a purpose, for China. But He also made me fast, and when I run I feel His pleasure.
Eric Liddell

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
Jim Elliot

Choose to sin, choose to suffer.
James MacDonald

Common sense ain't common, and you are proof of that.
Jim Peters' (comedian/musicianary) Dad

Are you willing to become what you never had?
Iverna Tompkins

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Nothing changes if nothing changes.

2 comments:

Ron Friesen said...

Beth, I am going to try and post a comment again - I am difficulty with the Google account for some reason!

Welcome to the blogging world!

Love these quotes. The Jim Elliot one is one of my favorites!

ron

Mary Lee said...

great quotes